Wednesday, November 9, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 9

 I LOVE EGGNOG!  


I have loved eggnog since childhood.  My earliest memories of the holiday season is the excitement that we would get to enjoy eggnog!  I can even remember the glasses and the taste; rich, thick and delicious!  Of course, it was always topped with a sprinkle of nutmeg...

Then, in 2000, everything changed.  I found out that my body didn't tolerate dairy and I could no longer enjoy eggnog with each holiday season that arrived.  

Just a few years ago, I discovered Silk Nog and I was thrilled!  No dairy and no eggs, but it tasted delicious and  I drank ALOT of the stuff.  And, my heart was happy to enjoy the "taste" of Christmas once more ~ along with gluten-free/dairy-free fudge and sugar cookies, of course.



And then, it happened.  That little irritation that haunted me and I wondered if soy might be making my body unhappy.  It was confirmed.  No more Starbucks and my tall, soy, peppermint hot chocolate, no whip 'drinks' that I so enjoyed.   And as this year's holiday season approached...  no Silk Nog.  I dreaded its arrival.

Until yesterday.

I made a discovery while shopping at PCC in Fremont: 
 
God is so good!  The holiday season is saved!  My heart soared!

...and yes, I did a little dance in the grocery aisle when I found both of these items, which were promptly added to our shopping cart.

All was right in the world again (okay, so not everything is "right in the world"), but I was filled with thanksgiving and great joy.  I grinned from ear-to-ear.

It's the little things that I'm most often thankful for.  Thank you So Delicious Coconut Milk!

P.S.  Not only do I get to enjoy Nog during the holidays, but I also get to enjoy mint chocolate hot cocoa...  Taste the goodness and share it with your friends...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie