Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 21

The joy of serving others...

Although I didn't intend to become a "drop coordinator" for Azure Standard, a number of things happened with the drop I had been participating in and one thing led to another and I agreed to start a new monthly drop at our home.

I am so thankful for the opportunity to serve the members of our drop!  They are a lovely group of people and come from all over the area to pick up their orders; Vashon Island, SeaTac, north Seattle, just a few blocks away too...  They usually have a few minutes to chat; sometimes several.  All I have to do is make myself available on delivery day (usually late afternoon/early evening) to process the order when it's dropped off, separate the orders in our garage, call everyone to let them know their orders are ready for pick-up, and be home so everyone can come by that evening or the next day.  They appreciate my willingness to provide this service for them and to keep their orders secure ~ frozen items in our freezer and chill items in our fridge (if they can't pick up their orders right away).

And while there is no financial benefit to me, I am more-than-rewarded through friendly conversation, words of appreciation, a smile and Father Paul's belly laugh...  I am so thankful to be part of this little community of people who desire good food/natural products at a great price! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie