Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Days of Thanksgiving: Day 28

I am so thankful for the farmers on Tualco Loop Road and Tualco Road in Monroe.  I discovered this farm area a number of years ago when we picked organic strawberries, raspberries, etc.  When I need to get away from the city and clear my head, this is one of my favorite places to go.  Today, God blessed this time with gorgeous late afternoon sunshine!


My heart fills with joy when I see this sight!
One of the organic u-pick farms.  They had to raise their house due to flooding...

Farm reflections in my mirror.

I don't often see an owl out during the daylight hours.  
Look closely and you'll see him on the post.

The mountains are not far away and make a beautiful backdrop for the farm fields.

Sigh...

Farm road with trees
Wooden bridge
I love how the tires thumpety, thumpety, thumpety over the boards...

Pasture with old trees.
Gorgeous!  I caught site of a tire swing.  Can you see it?

Does that help?

Farm fields on a late November afternoon...
Hoop rows in the distance...
Willie Greens!  You can find them at the U-District Farmer's Market on Saturdays.
Look closely and you'll see farm workers busy on the row-covered row in the right of the photo. (Toward the back of the row).  
Don't you love how the sinking sun casts shadows upon the field?
Goodbye dear farmland and all the farmers and farm workers who steward and make a living from this fertile ground...  Abundant blessings!  

I shall return another day....  
Thank you for encouraging my spirit and quieting my heart today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie