Saturday, March 14, 2015

Lent journey: SEARCH


Every young man who listens to Me and obeys My instructions will be given wisdom and good sense.  Yes, if you want better insight and discernment, and are searching for them as you would for lost money or hidden treasure, then wisdom will be given you and knowledge of God Himself; you will soon learn the importance of reverence for the Lord and of trusting Him.  Proverbs 2:1-5 (Living Bible)


Personal reflections:  What a great promise and challenge to me!  

Where am I seeking wisdom?  What is my source?  Do I desire to listen to God and obey His instructions?  Is what I want most important or is it what God wants for me?  Do I have a deep respect or admiration for God?  Do I truly trust Him?

Whoa.  I have now come full circle back to what God has spoken to Blaine and I for many years and especially when we let our home go back to the bank in Burien...

"Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for he who loves his fellowman has fulfilled the law."  (Jesus commands us to love our neighbor as ourself - Matthew 22:39/Mark 12:31.)

I, seriously, wrestle with this on a daily basis; sometimes hourly.  Wanting so badly, almost desperately, to find a permanent home for Joy Bell Farm - I often beg/plead with God to help us find a way, so we don't grow older waiting to establish our farm...  And yet, with a firm, but gentle and clear voice, He has shared His instructions for us.

I hear You, loud and clear, Lord!  I know we must obey-  our focus cannot be on seeking farmland, but paying off ALL outstanding debt.  In the meantime, we will continue to learn and hone our skills and bless our landlords, Kenny and Jessica.  This post also connects back to the "practice" post too.  You're repeating a message, Lord, and I do hear You.

Therefore, I will choose to TRUST & OBEY!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie