Thursday, March 19, 2015

Lent journey: ENDURE


We can rejoice, too, when we run into problems and trials, for we know that they help us develop endurance. And endurance develops strength of character, and character strengthens our confident hope of salvation. And this hope will not lead to disappointment. For we know how dearly God loves us, because He has given us the Holy Spirit to fill our hearts with His love.  Romans 5:3-5

Personal reflections:  I must admit that I wasn't happy when this word appeared on the Lent journey list...  Sometimes, I feel like the tree in the photograph (from Kayak Point County Park, Stanwood).  Finding itself with the hillside given way, it is determined to stay rooted even though there is no ground beneath it (yet, its roots are holding onto the soil available to it).  It seems impossible..., but as long as the soil remains; it too remains! 

When life is difficult and challenges come my way, there are often times when I wonder how I can endure through much. Wouldn't it just be easier to let go?  Give up?  And yet, as the verse states above - God loves us so dearly that He have given us the Holy Spirit to fill our heart with His love! He has promised never to leave us or forsake.  Ever.  Strong words of great encouragement.  I am reminded, once again, how much I am loved.  You also are loved!

Lord, I pray that I am able to endure for the whole journey You have planned for my life here on earth.  My life is in Your hands and I know I'm safe with You.  Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie