Monday, December 7, 2009

Reflections of a challenging time...

I am still amazed when something is happening in my life (trials/challenges) ~ and in an unrelated Bible study that I am working through, God speaks directly to me and the situation. And even more specifically, to an area that I am learning and growing through. Well, you'll have to stay tuned for tomorrow's Take Time Tuesday, won't you?!

Before I share regarding this week's study, I have been wanting to share a very big something that occurred while Blaine and I were in Colorado and on Elizabeth and Josh's wedding day. It has been a great difficulty in my life to have a very close relationship with my daughter and then suddenly she is nearly a stranger to me. Gone is the daily chatter, bantering about style, sharing our experiences in life, encouraging her in her faith, family laughter and craziness together. We love Elizabeth and Josh and pray God will guide them, provide for their needs and draw them to Him ~ and continually transform each of our lives. We pray our wonderful Lord will knit our lives together in His timing...

The morning of the wedding, Blaine and I were quite sad. Due to the timing and location of the wedding, Benjamin and Nicholas were not able to be there. My parents were not able to travel that great a distance either. Other family and friends were not there to celebrate with us. We were thankful that Blaine's parents and his brother, Richard, were able to fly in that day and drive up to the wedding... It's just not what we had imagined it would be. Blaine and I had plans for that day, but found out the day's schedule would not allow for them to happen ~ so we let them go. It had been a long journey and we were weary and we didn't know what the day would hold for us. Okay, Lord ~ I really need a sign. I reached for my "Streams in the Desert" and opened it to November 22nd.

"Do you believe that I am able to do this? (Matthew 9:28)

God deals with impossibilities. It is never too late for Him to do so, as long as that which is impossible is brought to Him in complete faith by the person whose life and circumstances would be impacted if God is to be glorified. If we have experienced rebellion, unbelief, sin and ruin in our life, it is never too late for God to deal triumphantly with these tragic things, if they are brought to Him in complete surrender and trust.

It has often been said, and truthfully so, that Christianity is the only religion that can deal with a person's past. God "will repay you for the years the locusts have eaten" (Joel 2:25), and He is trustworthy to do it unreservedly. He does so not because of what we are but because of who He is. God forgives and heals and restores, for He is "the God of all grace" (1 Peter 5:10). May we praise Him and trust Him. from Sunday School Times

Nothing is too hard for Jesus
No man can work like Him.

We have a God who delights in impossibilities and who asks, "Is anything too hard for Me?" (Jeremiah 32:27). Andrew Murray



While great sadness remains in my heart, we knew that morning that God was in complete control. Elizabeth and Josh belong to you, Lord. You are able to work everything out for Your Glory. We don't know when or how, but we do know You can accomplish it in Your timing - some day. In the midst of that unknown, we are able to continue on each day trusting You and believing Your Word. Your Word does not return void.

And, these words shared in Streams in the Desert also reminded me that even in life's darkest hours I need to keep Christ as my center; His peace as my companion - for I know that He is with me always. He has overcome this world and all the challenges this life holds for us. And while I know all that in my head, sometimes it takes a bit for my heart to catch up... To really embrace it and make it my daily walk. He was and is the God of impossibilities and I am SO THANKFUL He is!

I am closing the chapter on this part of our journey and preparing myself for what lies ahead! My faith has grown stronger through all of this. I am steadier in my beliefs and the Biblical values I hold. Through all of this, we have friends who have stayed close and supported us, friends who have detached themselves from our lives, we've experienced great changes in our family life and the choice of one person has possibly changed the future course for the rest of the family. And still, I have a great peace that God is able in the midst of much. We know not what the future holds, but I know that He is my joy, my peace, my strength and my source to love others in ways that He has loved us (though I have so much to learn in this regard). I'm excited to walk with the God of impossibilities each day of the rest of my life... He is good! He is always good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie