Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lent journey: REMEMBER




"Look to the Lord and His strength; seek His face always.  
Remember the wonders He has done, His miracles, and the judgments He pronounced."
1 Chronicles 16:11-12

Personal reflections:  I remember this early spring day and the first time the chickens were out in the yard.  I was a very nervous first time chicken owner and I didn't want anything to happen to my younguns.  Coco loved those chickens and was fascinated by them from the first day I brought them home.  She protected and watched over them every day. These chickens were a great JOY for me.  I loved caring for them, cleaning the coop, feeding and interacting with them...  They are a precious memory for me. 

God blessed me with these chickens.  He gave me my hearts desire.  I won these chickens at the Seattle Tilth Harvest Festival the previous September.  I bought 3 tickets and WON - a brooder, the whole setup, 3 baby chicks (bought one more in case one died) and even a chicken coop! I wasn't going to stay for the drawing, but as I was leaving the festival the Holy Spirit encouraged me to stay.  I did.  I texted Blaine and he prayed for me.  He knew I would be the 3 ticket drawn (the 2 before me weren't the winner, as those tickets wanted the raised bed garden prize).  Even today, I am still overwhelmed with how amazing it was to receive such a special gift - one that spoke to my heart's desire!

This isn't the only time I/we have experienced God's wonders and His miracles...
  • We've had 3 cars given to us over the years
  • Every time warn notices/layoff notices were forthcoming at Blaine's job, he was either passed over or moved to another more secure work group.
  • God's protection when I tumbled down the stairs the first day of Lent 2014 - no serious injuries
  • God's protection of Blaine when he was in a car accident years ago - Blaine felt a "cocoon" wrap around him just prior to impact - no serious injuries
  • Our current rental house in Enumclaw - we've discovered how "nearly impossible" it is to find a place on acreage...
  • Receiving a $1000 gift from church friends when we bought our first home.
  • Countless "teachers" that have come into our lives/crossed our path to teach us skills, at just the time we needed them
  • The blessing of a neighbor who did the construction work on the first home we purchased - replacing a garage door by building a wall and adding a new exterior door, building a closet, mudding, building the deck, taught and assisted Blaine in tiling our kitchen/dining room floors, and painted the exterior of the house - all for little to no cost to us
  • A church friend with an electrical business that sent one of his workers to do electrical work at no charge.
We've experienced God's judgments and discipline in our lives. While it is very difficult to go through, we remember His great faithfulness to us!

And, even as I remember during the Lent season, I am reminded that God is still able to perform wonders and miracles.  I could even happen today!

What we are believing God is able to provide, if it is His will for us:
  • permanent home for Joy Bell Farm
  • a farm pick-up truck
  • no debt
And, as I journeyed about my day yesterday - God showed up and reminded me of this promise (flashed on a church's electric billboard sign as I drove by):

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie