Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lent journey: SEE


Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past.  
See, I Am doing a new thing!  
Now it spring up; do you not perceive it?  
Am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.  
Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)

Personal reflection:  Do I see?  What do I see?  Am I seeing anything? 

Definition of "see" ~ perceive with the eyes; discern visually.

How quickly I fall into "the past," just as the nation of Israel did in Exodus (when God delivered them from oppression/slavery in Egypt).  Why is it that I find this so easy to do, when I know God delivers us from places, situations, or people that He no longer desires us to be connected with?  Now, in this case, I'm talking specifically about our home and urban farm in Burien...  There are countless days when I long to go back, to have our urban farm, my chickens, our home and the life we lived there; practically begging God to restore us there.  But, when I have gone back to the place, I know I don't belong there. I don't want to live in that particular place (though I'd like to have some of my old neighbors as neighbors again).  It's just that when where we are today isn't exactly what we hoped for or what we thought was going to be or the journey is difficult - I have a tendency to want to "go back."  It seems like it's human nature for alot of people.  For me, Burien is the place I have lived the longest in one place; possibly my whole entire life!  7 years.  I understand why that particular place seems to have a pull on me.  And yet, I know I can't go back.  I don't really want to go back.  And with this verse, God is reminding me, again, that He is doing something new.  Stop dwelling on what has been lost; on what is no more.  It is time to focus on God and what He is doing here and now and that is super exciting!  I want to go forward......with God......and be in the midst of whatever He is at work doing.  I believe He is doing something new, even as I can't quite focus and see what it is yet.  And now, I'm watching for it!  

God is good. All the time!   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie