Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Lent journey: GO


Who do you think Paul is, anyway? Or Apollos, for that matter? Servants, both of us—servants who waited on you as you gradually learned to entrust your lives to our mutual Master. We each carried out our servant assignment. I planted the seed, Apollos watered the plants, but God made you grow. It’s not the one who plants or the one who waters who is at the center of this process but God, who makes things grow. Planting and watering are menial servant jobs at minimum wages. What makes them worth doing is the God we are serving. You happen to be God’s field in which we are working.
I Corinthians 3:5-9 (The Message)

Personal reflections:  Mark 16:15 and Matthew 28:19 tell us to GO into the world...  God has work for us to do.  This will look different for all of us.  Maybe you will be the next generation of a family doing what the family has always done (ie. farming) or maybe you will get married and raise your children in the same community you grew up in and your children will attend the same elementary, junior high and high school as their parents or maybe you will be one of our brave and honorable military men and women (with the possibility of sacrificing your life for our continued freedom), maybe you'll become a pastor or a priest and will devote your whole life to serving God or maybe you'll become a missionary and take God's Word to those who haven't heard it or maybe, like me, God will ask you to live a nomadic life; going to the place He shows you to go....  We all have places in the world God wants us to GO to.  He has given each of us specific gifts and talents and if we allow Him, He will work in and through our lives blessing and loving people as we journey on this earth, for God first loved us - enabling us to love others around us.  

For me, it's easy to fall into old patterns - I'm the one doing the work, the one who wants to belong to a community of people and the one who wants to be "rooted" to a piece of land for the rest of my life - Me!  There is the problem.  BUT today, I am one who is awaking from what feels like a long slumber.....and seeing God as my focus, once again.  God has shown me through this Lenten photographic journey for 2015, He is fanning the embers back into a flame within my spirit and He has work for me to do.  Instead of focusing on what I want, He is showing me, again, that He desires to work through me to reach others - with Truth and Love; to be a vessel for His blessings to flow through.  I know there will be days when I get tripped up again (and again and likely again), but my hope and prayer is that my eyes, my heart, and my soul will be fully tuned into what God desires.  May He be my daily priority.  

I am giving thanks, anew, today for the blessing of this place that we currently live in, for this community of beautiful people, for the opportunity to have a garden and to learn and grow continually....  May I serve You well here, Lord, and be blessed to bless others.

God is so very good and I am blessed more than I could ask or imagine.  Joy overflowing!  

Thank you, Lord, for loving me, healing me and blessing me to be Your servant.  Thank you for new eyes to see you more clearly.  I am indeed blessed to be Your child and honored to do Your work. 


He is Risen.  He is Risen indeed.  Easter blessings today and in all your days ahead!


1 comment:

  1. Thanks To God Almighty for using Doctor Razor's Quick cure for herpes to eradicate my herpes Simplex Virus...I got diagnosed with Herpes On August 19, 2015 and it resulted in a cluster of painful ulcers and many problems while urinating..  My situation almost caused me my marriage because my husband was having pressure coping with his work and my situation.. One morning, I read a testimony on a blog page online, of a natural cure from a Herbalist named Dr Razor who cured a 50 years old retired US Army official and he is now healed from dementia.. I immediately contacted him and I told him of my herpes, he encouraged me not to give up. I administered the natural Healing medication he sent to me and a few weeks later I went to the hospital for a check up and the result was clear.. It's been 4 years now and I am proud to let you know that I am still healthy and living happily with my husband and my 3 kids after the healing. I felt it best that I let you know that if you contact Doctor Razor through his email drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , you can have a second chance of living again,because he will give you good results.. I never believed in Herbs but Doctor Razor proved to me that Herbs Is a free gift from Nature and Its Importance to Mankind. And as well the effectiveness of Herbs. By completely curing me with his herbal Medicine. Reach out to Doctor Razor through his Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com , Whatsapp/Call him via +2349065420442. This is also Doctor Razor's Herbal Website : https://drrazorherbalhome.wixsite.com/drrazorherbalhome . Thank you very much once again Herbalist Razor

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie