Monday, July 27, 2009

Harvesting...

Unseasonably warm temperatures are really causing everyone's gardens to grow and grow! It's really HOT here, but I knew I had to do some harvesting. Little did I know what the green beans had been up to...

Leaf and romaine lettuce, zucchini, a few stalks of rhubarb, some cherry tomatoes, a couple strawberries, a few blueberries, a little broccoli head and 3 1/4 pounds of green beans + 3/4 pound yellow wax beans.

(Blaine's planning to try pickling some of them on Wednesday evening...)

Perspective ~ huge rhubarb leaf!

Our first crookneck squash ~ nearly ready to be harvested!

Sugar pumpkin

I love watching the sugar pumpkins growing each day...

Spaghetti squash ~ we're going to be eating a lot of this come winter...

The queen of our broccoli row!

I have no idea "how" I was able to grow such a large head of broccoli... Beginner's luck?

(God's a good gardener!)

3 comments:

  1. Wow!! Everything looks great. The rhubarb leaf is HUGH!I'll be happy to help you eat the spaghetti squash.

    I am so happy the rhubarb came back. You thought you'd lost the plant when you moved.

    Hot it is. Keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rhubarb! My Grandma used to make the BEST rhubarb and apple crumble!

    Everything looks fabulous!

    Happy pickling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This makes me want to have a garden :) Lovely harvest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie