Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Lent journey: PEACE


I Am leaving you with a gift - peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So don't be troubled or afraid.  John 14:27 (NLT)

Personal reflection:  I have a very sensitive heart.  I think I always have.  My heart is easily wounded by the words and actions of others.  It's possible that others think I overly or unreasonably react to things. I'm certain I do according to them.  I've come to understand that this is how I was made.  It's in the fabric of my being.  I need to remind myself to run and hide in my Heavenly Father's arm for He knows me and loves me just as I am ~ and to embrace the Truth of His Word.  

Recent events in the world have troubled my mind and my heart, but today I was reminded by our friend, Richard, in his post Steps to Peace - Jesus' style (Part 1) that Jesus has shown me the way.  All I need to do is walk in it.  I don't have to worry about anything.  I don't have to be afraid.  I can live in the gift Jesus gave - peace of mind and heart.  It seems our world becomes more complex daily, but nothing surprises Jesus and He sent the Holy Spirit to be with us; right in the midst of it all.  Today.  I choose PEACE.

    
And, one of my favorite Chris Tomlin songs that reminds me I have no one to fear.  May You, dear reader, experience His peace that is greater than any promise of peace this world has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie