Thursday, May 23, 2013

Favorite Quotes (my facebook collection)


Check out Kristi's beautiful signs at Barn Owl Primitives by clicking on the photo above.  I LOVE this quote (and ordered the sign).

“When anxious, uneasy and bad thoughts come, I go to the sea, and the sea drowns them out with its great wide sounds, cleanses me with its noise and imposes a rhythm upon everything in me that is bewildered and confused.”
– Rainer Maria Rilke

“There are two spiritual dangers in not owning a farm. One is the danger of supposing that breakfast comes from the grocery, and the other that heat comes from the furnace.”
― Aldo Leopold, A Sand County Almanac

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us." - E. M. Forster

“Sometimes you put walls up not to keep people out, but to see who cares enough to break them down.” -Anonymous

To own a bit of ground, to scratch it with a hoe, to plant seeds and watch their renewal of life -- this is the commonest delight of the race, the most satisfactory thing a man can do.
-Charles Dudley Warner, author, editor, and publisher (1829-1900)

"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"You must be the change you want to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi

Always remember you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world. - Harriet Tubman

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius

If we only plant that which provides us a quick harvest, we'll miss the opportunity to experience the joy of harvesting that which requires investment of our time and resources, great patience, and delayed gratification; knowing too that it's possible our work may end up blessing others while not experiencing it ourselves! ~ Me

I prefer to plant a variety in this life... Me 

I think these quotes say a lot about who I am.  
What are some of your favorite quotes?  
Blessings on your day.  

1 comment:

  1. I was SO excited to see your name that I "dropped everything" and came over!

    I "harvest" quotes! When I remember to, I collect them under the "QUOTES" tab on my main blog. Other times, I just "retweet" them, which saves them in my twitter account (which I only maintain to harvest quotes from a select group of people who unintentionally mentor me).

    Here are a couple of the most recent: "The present is the point at which time touches eternity." (CSLewis)

    "A sign you're growing in grace: You've more grateful, less whiney; more humble, less critical; more fun, less rigid (Scotty Smith)

    "Whatever fascinates you will guide you, so pray that the only thing that'll fascinate you is God and His marvelous glory." (Tozer)

    Hope YOUR holiday weekend is a blessed one also :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie