Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Lent journey: KNOWLEDGE


But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To Him be glory both now and forever! Amen.  2 Peter 3:18 (NIV)


Personal reflections:  Over the years, I felt like I knew alot of stuff.  My knowledge on many subjects was growing and I had experienced much, but through this Lent practice I have discovered I have SO MUCH TO LEARN!  This verse is a great comfort and encouragement to me...  Even though I thought I knew alot, God says, "It's okay.  No worries.  You're finding you're way.  My grace is sufficient."  Make a note of this though:  BUT - now is the time for you to GROW in GRACE and KNOWLEDGE!

God's Word is providing the seed to be planted into me and my life, so I can grow in Christ's grace and knowledge for my life and in receiving His blessings that I may bless others. My hope is that my life does bring glory to His amazing and wonderful name.  I pray His love is shared through my life to all who cross my path. May my life bear abundant fruit for His glory and purposes!  

I am also reminded that what I 'plant' in the garden of my life must be carefully chosen.  My seed choice affects what I have to offer when it's time to harvest and share the bounty for myself, Blaine, our family and others ~ in quality, in quantity, in the nutritional benefit that harvest is to others and in the beauty that others experience.  Will the harvest provide the sustenance needed by all who partake of it?  But even in those thoughts I get ahead of myself, as what may not be so obvious, but is of critical importance, is the health and vitality of the soil into which the seeds are planted.  The soil is foundational and its rich fertility is what feeds the plants I grow in the garden.  If its fertility is lacking or imbalanced, it will greatly affect everything growing in the soil of my life.  And finally, it's God's 'living water' that will hydrate the seeds, causing them to germinate and grow in my life.  It's not about one specific thing, but how the whole system works together to create life in me.  And, life in you too!

In the midst of living life each day, in a crazy-paced culture, my priority needs to be learning more to enrich the soil of my life and seeking good seed to plant in me!    

Thank you, Lord, for Your faithfulness!  May I be open and available to allow You to work in and through my life.....daily.  Thank You for Your amazing Word and for grace and knowledge to continually grow in me.  Amen. 




Grace and Knowledge bring Freedom into our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and sharing your thoughts! Abundant blessings on your day... Joanie